Sunday, September 20, 2015

Things Take An Unexpected Turn

Having finally completed the refitting of Vanishing Point, I was preparing my proposal to designate the station Chapter House for Patrex when I was unexpectedly hailed by a Captain of the Chancellery Guard named Stewart. I'm presuming this is his last name, though I can't be terribly sure because, frankly I didn't ask.

Captain Stewart requested to meet with me regarding some sealed orders he'd received from Lord President Phaon, So, I over-powered the link to SL-Space to allow Captain Stewart to arrive via Time Ring and met him in the arrivals bay.

It seems, Lord President Phaon has decided that Vanishing Point is to be designated New Gallifreyan soil and to be a military installation, by definition. Frankly, my worst fear, though, at least for now, it's not to be a staging area and the no firearms rule will remain in effect.

I have been named commander of the station, and Captain Stewart, my First officer and liaison to the High Council and Chancellery Guard. Captain Stewart, however, will have no status in House Patrex, not even membership. The affairs of the House will remain purview of the House.

Also, Vanishing Point has officially been designated as Patrex's Chapter House, effective immediately.


The most suprising article within Lord President Phaon's orders, however, is the fact that he has named me Lord Cardinal of House Patrex Pro Temps. My full Cardinal and Councilor status to be put to a simple majority vote of the High Council in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment