Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Nowhere, Nowhen

I earlier mentioned that I was re-purposing Vanishing Point. That statement is only partially true. In order for that statement to make sense, I need to go into a bit of the station's history.


As I said, Vanishing Point exists in a kind of bubble of non-time/space. In an empirical sense, if one were to think in a linear, uninspired three dimensional manner, Vanishing Point doesn't exist, and yet, I'm standing here (well, sitting actually) recording this and I can say with at least thirty per cent certainty that I exist, so I can say with some amount of equal or lesser surety, so does this station.

Tethseram constructed this, clearly, to aid in his invasion of SL-Space, as a staging area/headquarters for The Chronarchs.

To clarify, The Chronarchs, by all accounts, are the Mad-Space version of the Time Lords. I haven't been able to fully piece together their history, myself, but I think I may have known it at some point.

Much like the Time Lords have the Citadel and the Panopticon to help coordinate our travels and activities, it seems Tethseram constructed Vanishing Point to serve the same purpose for The Chronarchs.

When he was defeated, it happened aboard Vanishing Point.

To the victor, go the spoils, as the old axiom goes.

So we've claimed Vanishing Point for the glory of New Gallifrey.

Huzzah.

Since the station was designed to serve a mirrored function to The Panopticon, it was decided that it should serve as a sort of back-up site to ensure Time Lord societal functionality should anything happen to New Gallifrey.

I've been restoring and retrofitting systems toward that aim.

That function, however, will rarely, if ever, be necessary.

So, when I am finished with my work here, I will propose that the station be used as the Chapter House for House Patrex as well as for diplomatic purposes.

I never want to see this place used in any military capacity again.

No comments:

Post a Comment