Monday, September 7, 2015

Future's Past Participle

I have a LOT to make up for. Probably more than any other Time Lord living is SL-space. What's most disturbing about that fact is what I have to make up for are atrocities I haven't even committed yet.

Okay, I'm getting both ahead of and behind myself.

The recent events surrounding New Gallifrey and the being known as Tethseram are all fairly public knowledge at this point. Everyone knows that Tethseram was defeated, as were his Chronarchs. New Gallifrey: Triumphant. Cue the fanfares and parades. Public celebrations and the gears continue to turn.

Very few people know the truth of things.

I have been barred, legally, from discussing some of it, and will, therefore, not even discuss them here, but there are some things I simply have to get off my chest.

You see, Tethseram was evil. There's no doubt of that fact. He was megalomaniacal, power-mad, and despotic. He was bent on conquest of SL space and beyond.

He was also me.

Which is to say, I'm not, nor have I ever BEEN Tethseram. He had, at some point in his past, however, been me.

He was a future incarnation of mine.

It seems that, at some point in the future, I will (have?) crossed into the compressed universe that I have powering my TTC, Bifrost. (That is a story for another time). While in that alternate universe (which some have dubbed "Mad-Space") he managed to strip down his incarnation of Bifrost, forming her into a suit of armour containing a paradox machine.

He also managed to stabilize a... bubble of non-space/time, in which he constructed a space/time station he called Vanishing Point, as a kind of joke, since it was outside of the view of the "All-seeing Panopticon".

It was here that I first encountered him.

After the cataclysm on New Gallifrey which destroyed the previous Eye of Harmony and Panopticon, Tethseram drew Bifrost to Vanishing Point, where I was held for over a century of my relative time. I was "re-educated", which included psychological manipulation, brainwashing and outright torture.

Then, my memory had been altered and I was released to work as an unknowing agent within New Gallifreyan society.

Tethseram knew that the voices of the Narwhals in my head make it nigh-impossible for me to be read, and, hence, I wouldn't be linked back to him.

What he didn't know was that his conditioning caused me to act erratically, even for me.

This, it turns out, was the clue that allowed his defeat.

It is also, however, what cost me my rank within the House of the Jade Dreamers, and, eventually, my exile and renegade status.

Since Tethseram's defeat, my mind is normal again...


Well....

Free from his influence, anyway.

I have been working to restore Vanishing Point and re-purpose it for New Gallifrey's use.

I am no longer a renegade, having been accepted into the Lord President's own House, Patrex, serving, at least for now, as Interim Ordinal.

And I have a few new missions.

Peace in the Multiverse.

And preventing the future that is Tethseram from occurring.

Oh...


And pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment