While I was labeled a renegade by my former House, I spent a great deal of time traveling. I couldn't go home, after all. At least not until Bifrost was forcibly pulled back, but that's a different story.
During my travels, I found myself, at one point, in orbit of a planet called Pthaxia. An interesting world, to be perfectly honest. My descriptions could never do it justice.
It was at Pthaxia where I met an unusual Time Lady named Tressi Braxton.
I say unusual and I don't say it lightly.
First, let me say that many Time Lords choose a secondary name because their true, Time Lord names are, frankly impossibly difficult for most species to pronounce. It's a fairly common practice.
Some of these chosen names are more a descriptive title than a name (for example, the one responsible for ending the war with the daleks calls himself The Doctor... a laughably poor choice if you ask me, but, I shouldn't judge, since I've never met the man, so far as I know.)
Assuming someone other than myself accesses these recordings, no, I did not follow this process. The only name I actually KNOW is The Madman. The journey to SL-Space played merry hob with my memory and I'm known for having some verbal conversations with the Narwhals (I'm working on that). The first life form I met here was a Terran who felt that calling me "Madman" was appropriate.
The name stuck.
I digress, however.
Tressi also goes by a different name, but both her reasoning and the origins of the name are unusual.
She also goes by the name Ultraviolet.
You see, Tressi is, as most Time Lords, a scientific genius.
She is also, though I'm not sure she'd ever admit it, a bit of an idealist.
She's used her genius, technology, and natural Time Lord abilities to become a hero on many worlds. In fact, on several worlds, she's venerated as a kind of... superhero. (and, to be fair, she seems to rather enjoy dressing the part)
During my time at Pthaxia, I witnessed her prowess, actually, as I, personally, witnessed her drive off an invasion force from the Xenoi.
Single-handedly.
WITHOUT resorting to a military assault.
It was ALMOST as though she simply... convinced them to call off their invasion.
I had never before met a Time Lord so committed to the cause of peace and... well, HOPE would be the only word I think would fit.
It is because of her example, I have dedicated the rest of my life... all my future incarnations.. to peace.
If I can counter the future I've already seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment