Thursday, April 14, 2016

Time Keeps on Slipping

If my calculations are correct, in the standard timeline, roughly two weeks have passed since the destruction of Vanishing Point... well, the OLD Vanishing Point.

That is the interesting thing about this bubble of non-space-time. Since there is no time here, it seems to pass at differing rates. It almost seems to expand or contract as to suit the needs of those within it, though that it most likely my imagination.

Regardless, while roughly two weeks may have passed OUTSIDE the bubble, The Collector and I have been hard at work WITHIN the bubble for just over three years.

And I can say that the construction of Vanishing Point II is nearing completion.

The design and technologies of the new time-space station are vastly different and improved over the previous one, with all systems having undergone a MASSIVE upgrade, from the transmats to the food machines all the way up to communications and secondary Temporal Control.

The last systems to be put into place will be Isaac, the A.I. Rasa designed for the station, and the new dimensional transduction gate.

 I've run some tests on Isaac and, while he is able to run the station very well and perform all necessary tasks... his interpersonal skills are... well, let's just say I'm hoping he learns quickly. Still, being the Time Lord designed "brain" of the new Vanishing Point, his presence will prevent the possibility of a repeat of the fate of the old station.

And, just in case, I'm going to keep a few extra... protective measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment