Monday, April 4, 2016

Dwindling Numbers and Homelessness

Recording this from Bifrost now. An odd feeling, since it's been a long time since I've done that.

I've had a few days to let sink in all I've lost recently.

Two of my Ordinals are missing. SOMEWHERE in time and space, since Studera was materializing when Vanishing Point detonated. We have had no contact from them, no response to our hails, and no trace of the TT Capsule at all.

Then, there's Vanishing Point.

As I've said before, I SHOULD have wanted to obliterate the place straight off. For some reason, though, I grew attached to the place. A part of me broke when I had to blow the place. It was also Patrex's chapter house. Now it's gone. For the nonce, we are using Asteria. A bit ... cozy, but she'll serve.

And, finally, Ned.

Okay, that's really more a loss for The Collector than for me, but, still, it's a loss.

So now I'm left trying to pick up the pieces.

I've asked The Kat to search for Dracony and Henry, which she's now off doing. No idea when she'll be back, or if she'll be back with them.

I'm preparing for the inevitable investigations, interviews and inquests that will follow. Given my past, I'm fairly certain they will be thorough, decidedly uncomfortable and likely involve microscopes inserted in places microscopes are not designed to go. Regardless, I'm prepared for them. In this particular case, I am innocent.

Nataleigh, having lost Ned, has been traveling with me for a time. I'll admit, it does make me nostalgic for our earlier escapades, which, being a respectable Cardinal now, I will NOT relate here.

We are running scans for both Studera and Ned (And Idare, which either ran away with Ned or vice versa. It's hard to tell, given everything else running through my brain.) and I am planning.

Specifically, as I said previously, I am going to build a new time-space station. I am working on designs and systems for the new station.

If I wasn't still stinging from my recent losses, I would likely be feeling like a Dh'rchk during a feeding frenzy.

Vanishing Point was built quickly by a megalomaniac and slave labour out of technology which was of a lower level than that of Time Lords. It always felt like it was going to fall apart any moment and I often had to hit things with a spanner to get them to function properly.

This time, I'm designing it and will be in charge of the systems and construction. This time, it will be built using technology that is considered cutting edge by the Time Lords.

We still have access to the bubble that Vanishing Point sat in, though scans have shown it to be somewhat unstable at the moment. I believe it is still experiencing shock waves from the destruction of Vanishing Point. Bifrost is continuing to monitor. If it stabilizes, we will build the station there. If not, I will request permission to create a new bubble.

If there was anything that could even be REMOTELY considered a slight positive to come out of my experiences with my future incarnation, it's that I've had time to study the engineering used to create the bubble and I THINK I can replicate it.

As for the new station, I have decided I will call it Vanishing Point, like its predecessor, though for my own reasons.

It is where, I promise, my previous destiny vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment