Monday, May 23, 2016

Trail of Breadcrumbs

You know, I've never understood using the expression "following a trail of breadcrumbs", since, in the fairy story that comes from, the characters were able to follow a trail of pebbles. When they had to use breadcrumbs, they got lost because breadcrumbs are a stupid thing to use to make a trail through the forest.

I'm digressing before I even start. That's probably not a good sign. Project Aeropagus has been exhausting, I admit, but also critical.

But, now, I find, I need to halt my progress on it.

As I've mentioned before, I have been in an active search for our Gold Usher and the alien entity with whom she is traveling, likely against her will, regardless of how it appeared at Beltane. I've had Isaac coordinating with the systems aboard Bifrost scanning time and space for any trace of the "Wild Huntsman's" energy signature. The search has been slow, due to the entity's unique and fluctuating signature. Frustration has become quite friendly with me lately.

The search seems to have paid off, however.

Recently, Isaac managed to detect a trace of the energy and is currently triangulating the location.

This seems a promising sign, but...

Okay, I'm no Seer.

I've got enough odd issues in my brain without having to deal with prophesies and the like.

That said, there is something inside my mind that is screaming that, once the location is triangulated, I must proceed with caution.

And not alone.

Call it worry on my part, I suppose, but dealing with an entity that, if I am correct, was able to mentally dominate one of the Sisterhood, DOES indicate the need to have some level of numbers on my side, should a confrontation become necessary.

So I'm going to need to try and recruit some others to join me. Since I'm not sure what we're heading into as yet, we're going to need to be prepared for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment