And so, last night, the High Council was busy. Rather than rehash the whole affair, I'll touch on the highlights as it involves Patrex.
First, we were officially recognized and reinstated as voting members of the High Council, with me sitting as Councilor. This is good as the members of Patrex finally have proper representation within the Council (and my proper representation, I simply mean a vote. Having me, personally, serve as their representative is... well, I suppose I'll reserve judgement, since their vote to have me serve was unanimous. It appears they have faith in me, regardless of my past future)
Phaon stepped down as Lord President. I'm still irritated I did not see this coming, but, not being omniscient, I suppose surprises are bound to happen on rare occasions.
He officially named his successor.
Deimos.
Former Coordinator of the Celestial Intervention Agency.
This fact concerns some members of Patrex, and, I would imagine, some others within our society.To an extent, I can understand their trepidation, however, even given his... clandestine former position, I know Deimos can be trusted to further Time Lord society as he sees to be correct (though, as with Phaon, he's likely not entirely right with what path the society should take. At least now, I have the vote to help shape our future.)
Kylie also stepped down as Chancellor, being replaced by both appointment and unanimous vote by Phaon. Well, at least the old man was able to enjoy retirement long enough to have a pint.
One thing that directly effects me, however, was Phaon's final order issued me as Lord President.
You see, my identity has been simply The Madman for as long as I can remember. The loss of memories prior to my arrival in SL-space is something I've come to grips with.
Phaon, however, bid me to receive a proper name.
Given my inability to remember even the vaguest moments of my existence in N-space, knowing what my name is, is just not going to happen. And so, I will need to be named anew.
I will be spending some time communing with the Eye of Madness to determine what my proper name is/will be/should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment