So, yes, due to my work in trying to bring House Patrex back into the fold of New Gallifrey, I have neglected my journals. It seems, as well, I have neglected opening my bloody eyes and looking about the universe.
As I record these thoughts, I sit in my office on Vanishing Point, having just gone over a report on Idare from The Collector (which, I know, I haven't chronicled yet. Still another thing to do) and I've been blind-sided by Lord President Phaon's announcement.
I don't talk about this much, but Phaon and I, well, we have a bit of a complex history and I keep most of that between him and myself for many reasons Suffice to say, We trust each other fully.
That is to say, I trust him with my life and I trust him to obliterate me if it suits his view of what needs to be done. It goes both ways, of course. It's not so much a "friendship" as it is a detente.
Even, still, with him as Lord President, at least I could tell where he stood.
Now, of course, he's resigning the Artifacts.
His announcement includes some stipulations that will greatly help my fight to help my fellow Patrexes' gain recognition in the Council, which is appreciated.
I just can't help wonder... Is there something more here?
Just what are you up to, old man?
No comments:
Post a Comment