Things have been stressful, which, if I'm honest, is an understatement. Between the loss of Dracony and Henry, Kat being MIA now, the destruction of Vanishing Point, the having to fill out the ranks of Patrex a second time, the disappearance of the Gold Usher, Ned's little solo adventure, the Wild hunt...
I could go on. And I may at some point.
Regardless, I decided I needed a space completely of my own that I didn't need to argue with. Bifrost is a brilliant TTC, but she and I have our disagreements.
So, I started a personal project.
Having been to the drifting fleet we discovered while searching for the Gold Usher once, I decided to go back and scavenge some parts and see what I could do with them.
Yes, I know... I already have a personal runabout, Helios, but... Have you ever tried to holiday in a runabout? It's CRAMPED.
So, I set about work on an old fashioned star cruiser.
Nothing fancy in terms of systems. She's capable of light-speed, of course, but I didn't over-power them. Basic scanners, simple probes. Low-yield impulse lasers in case of asteroids. In essence, she's everything The Prometheus isn't.
Where she gets fancy is in the amenities.
She's a yacht. Plain and simple. I built her with a mind of a place I can ignore anything else in the universe and just relax.
And I will not put her in House service.
Oh, no.
The Athene is STRICTLY off the books.
Sorry, Collector, I may have named you Commodore of the Patrexe Fleet, but Athene isn't PART of that fleet.
No comments:
Post a Comment